Narrative {Red door}

My sister and I were sitting on the couch puzzled as we didn’t know what to do. Our mum had been gone for ten years now and all she left was this note. It said the address of where she moved to but it was on the other side of the city.

Our dad had gone over seas for a job and we were at home for the weekend. ‘’It is time we find our mother’’ I said to my sister in a firm voice. I packed my bag for a long journey through the city and headed off. My sister was younger than me so I had to take care of her. We walk through the dirty streets of the city and breathe in the disgusting pollution. We see some strange people and some familiar faces.

I’m not exactly sure were we have to go find my mother but I won’t stop until I see her. Finally we past the last building and head into the country. ‘’We must have walked one million miles by now’’ my sister said in a sluggish voice. We enter a small town and are looking for Evens Street. ‘’Yes we found it!’’ I was so happy that we finally found the house.

We step up on the deck and find a huge red door and give it a big knock. I hear footsteps coming down the hallway. I see a man, a disappointed look comes to my face. In hope I ask if there is a women inside. He says no but also says that there is a woman by the name of Linda that has gone out for lunch.    ‘’Who are you? And why do you need her? He says.

‘’My name is Kegan and I can’t tell you why I need her’’

‘’Ok then, she is at pizza hut on James road’’

I thank the man and walk off quite surprised that he gave me the information of where my mum was.

We walk into the restaurant and there is only one person there. ‘’That must be her’’ my sister says. We walk over to her, our eyes meet and they are exactly the same colour. I can tell by the look on her face that she knows me. ‘’Kegan’’ she says with a confused voice. ‘’I’ve been looking for you for years now’’

‘’Why did you leave me?’’

‘’I didn’t leave you, your farther took you from me’’

My heart sank, I knew there was something up with him when he never talks to us and doesn’t tuck us in bed. He’s evil. We start walking back to her house asking each other questions when we run into my dad. My mum confronts him and tells him what a bad person he is for keeping us from her for years. My dad storm off and I’m not what’s going on, then my mum walks over and guides us to her house. All she says to us is that we won’t be seeing my dad for a long time. I was upset but happy at the same time because our dad never really cared about us so I can start a fresh life with my mum and hope for the best.

Later that night our mum makes us a warm hot chocolate by the fire and then tucks us into bed. ‘’Sweet dreams’’ she says. And sure enough that’s exactly what I do.